Friday, January 23, 2009

Treasurers Association of Virginia Conference




Treasurers Association of Virginia Conference

This was an awesome project. My MIL is the Treasurer for James City County. She put a good word in for me and I was hired to make 250+ gift boxes for their 2008 Conference! Waaaa Whooo!

The conference was held back in July or August last year in a county that was big for their Daffodil Festival so what better image then a Daffodil stamp. Took forever to color all those images in but worth every minute. I punched the corners of the Daffodil image and mounted each one on Always Artichoke cardstock. I think they turned out great! My MIL picked a quote from Thomas Jefferson, I printed it on white cardstock on the computer, then stamped the flourishes on the top and bottom corner of each quote. I mounted those on Always Artichoke cardstock as well. The tag was also printed on the computer. I cut each one out then used the SU Ticket Corner to punch the top two corners out to make the tag, mounted those on Always Artichoke cardstock. I then used a SU Wheel to stamp the "belly band" around each of the boxes. I tied ribbon to one side of the handles and sent them to my MIL to fill will goodies for the conference. I believe they put a T Shirt, Gift Certificates, a Water Bottle, Snacks etc. in each one and gave them out to everyone as they walked in the door.

Thank you to my favorite MIL for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to make the gift boxes for such a large event! I look forward to doing it again in the future ;)

No comments: